Sunday, September 05, 2004

Fun was had by all

Well, it is over. The big weekend that I wondered about and worried about is past. It was fun. It was not as big as I had hoped, many people did not or could not come, but for those of us who went to the trouble, it was a lot of fun.

I wondered why I was doing this. Why did I care about going back and visiting people who I did not bother to keep in touch with? I have to tell you, it is just important to who you are. Those people are a part of me in a way no other group is. It did not matter that we had not seen each other in 10 or maybe even 20 years. We picked right up and teased each other and laughed at ourselves, told stories and exchanged information about the ones who were not there.

For the most part the ones who were there are all pretty successful and NOT living in our hometown. Maybe if you feel stuck in your hometown, you do not want to visit with others who have left and done well for themselves. That is a sad thought for me.

There were no big shockers. The people I wondered about the most did not show. Generally, I guess, people don't really change. Not on the inside anyway. Most of the women were a little heavier and the men a little thinner (on top!). But they all looked great to me.

I wish more had come, but those who did had a great time. When you chance comes, go to your reunion, you won't regret it.

No comments: