Monday, October 24, 2005

Why?

I admit I am a fairly modest person. Maybe that has something to do with it. I was just watching TV when a commercial for Valtrex came on. This attractive young woman says that having genital herpes can be a real drag, or something to that effect. My first thought is that it would be more than just a drag, closer to devastating probably. My second thought is: Why would anyone be in such a commercial?! I know she is getting paid for it, but there is not enough money in the world to make me get on national television and say that I have genital herpes. Honestly, I could not bring myself to be in a tampon commercial. And then there are the commercials for products designed to relieve femine itching and odor. Ugh! I really hate it when I am watching TV with my Dad and that sort of thing comes on. Silly, maybe but that is the way I am.

Anyone else out there have these hang ups?

3 comments:

Donna G said...

I would rather see tampons with my Dad than erectile dysfunction products....really some things should not be said out loud in mixed company.

Mae said...

When I was pregnant I had a small breakout of shingles. The only safe medicine for me to take was Valtrex. Brandon was the lucky one who went by the pharmacy in our oh-so-small town and had to announce to EVERYONE that his pregnant wife HAD A CASE OF SHINGLES and needed the medicine!!! It was really funny and embarrassing to have to take "the purple pill". AMEN to modesty!

SG said...

And all the people in the commercial look so happy and healthy and normal....

So post some halloween pictures already! :)