Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Just Can't

I have not blogged in two weeks. I know, I know. I am a terrible, slacker of a blogger. But here is the thing: I have been overwhelmed lately with one crisis after another. Even if I had the time to blog, I could not have blogged about most of it for fear of offending someone or just saying too much. It has been stressful to say the least.

Have I mentioned that I am PTO President of my younger son's elementary school this year? Yeah. I loved being involved, but this has been an especially hard year. And it is only September! We have had one issue after another come up. I have lost a few pounds, but I think I stressed them off.

I knew going in that this year would be different. A new school opened up for this fall and about a third of our student body went there. Our numbers are different. Our demographics are a little different. Everything is a little different.

The principal of the school is a great guy. The kids love him. They think he is cool and it is a treat to get to spend time with "Mr. Lewis." He is very involved and very supportive of the PTO. He is a big part of why our school is the great school that it is.

The Lewis's live down the street from us. They are a cute couple with an adorable little blond-haired, blue-eyed, three-year-old boy. Three weeks ago that sweet little boy was diagnosed with leukemia. ALL to be specific. His long term prognosis is good, but he has a long road ahead of him. Mr. Lewis has not been at school since the diagnosis. All my PTO crises pale in comparison to this situation.

I am not sure where I was trying to go with this post, but understand that blogging is way down the line in my list of priorities right now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm thinking of you Susan! I know you've had lots of stress lately, and I feel like I've been pretty unhelpful about that. Hopefully our lives will all even out soon, and call me if I can do anything! My timing has been very off lately with my traveling hubby taking up all the room in my brain... I'm hoping to get my act together any day now!!

PS - love the song on your blog... one of my old favorites!!!

Allison Reed

Anonymous said...

Saying a prayer for you right this minute. Sending love and strength and positive thoughts your way...and if you have any left over send them back my way! Ha!

SG said...

Blog already!