Wednesday, December 08, 2004

One of Those Days

Yesterday was not a great day for me. I have the crud. Chest congestion, nasal congestion, body aches, fever off and on. I have been feeling pretty yucky to say the least. It does not help that my husband was home for 3 weeks and the night he was packing to leave the next day, I knew it was coming. So, I have been sick and my husband has been gone. So anyway...yesterday I was going to get the kids off to school and stay in bed as much as possible. I went to get a juice pouch for Jackson's lunch out of the "other" fridge and I noticed a smell. A sour, gross smell. I investigated and discovered that our Thanksgiving turkey, which we defrosted in this fridge, had dripped blood and whatever into the bottom of the fridge below the drawers. YUCK! So, I took Jackson to school and came back to start cleaning. Here's here it gets really fun. I removed the lower shelf to get to all the gunk, which was dried on by now. The tempered glass insert slipped out and exploded. That is how it seemed anyway. I have to say that is amazing stuff. It broke into a bazillion pieces. I sat there for several seconds, possibly minutes listening to the glass continue to pop and break. It was a fascinating disaster. I finally got all of the glass swept up and the grossness cleaned up and collapsed into bed for a couple of hours.

Today has been better. No major disasters so far, but the day is not over yet. Gotta go take more cough medicine. If you ever get the chance, break some tempered glass, it is amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are sick!! I would make you some soup but it would be way clod before I got it to you! Besides I am up to my ear lobes in Peppermint Scrub. I think I took you suggestion to the extreme. I will tell you more about that later. GET WELL!!!