Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricane Victims in Conway

It has been nearly unbearable to watch the news this week, yet I cannot stop watching. I have cried everyday. I feel called to do something, I just have not decided exactly what yet.

There are an estimated 200 families here in Conway who are displaced because of Hurricane Katrina. The city has opened up two shelters with a third as a possibility. These are the people I want to help. They need anything and everything. I plan on going shopping today to buy some of the things on the supply list printed in the Log Cabin Democrat today.

It is just unimaginable to me that so many lost so much. I think I am experiencing something close to survivor's guilt. Arkansas is so close to the devastation, yet all we experienced was some rather needed rain. Is anyone else feeling this? What are you doing about it?

1 comment:

SG said...

The Log Cabin Democrat? Well there is a name! What can I expect from a bunch of Wampus cats living so close to Toad Suck??? I wonder if there is a paper out there called "The Granite Countertop Republican" :)