Friday, August 26, 2005

Emotional Day

This has been an emotional day for me. Two big things happened:

#1 - Jackson started Kindergarten today. I'm OK, really. Jackson? Oh, he was just fine, thank you.

He is going to love school, and he is ready. I am just not sure I am ready to let go of him.

Yes, I was a little emotional this morning. I really wanted to stay and watch him. I finally took a deep breath and left the building. I saw him a couple of times during the day (I was there for PTO stuff) and he looked like he had been doing this for years. No sweat.

#2 - Mark and I came home and purchased tickets to see THE ROLLING STONES in March, and I cheered up quite a bit! I am so excited about this. I can't wait until March! We went to see them in 1993 in a cold drizzle and loved it. This time it will be indoors, but it would not matter, I'd stand in the rain again to see them.

It seemed kind of strange this afternoon to pick up both boys from school. Jackson had a great day and is going to love school. Jonathan is loving the role of big brother at school. My babies are growing up!

No comments: