Monday, May 08, 2006

Men are Just Different

Men and women are different. I realize this is not big news. I am the only female in my household. Even the dog is male, so I am well aware that males and females think differently. Every once in a while though, something happens that just makes me think: "a woman would never do that. In fact, a woman would never think to do that."

Case in point: I mentioned that our master bath was stopped up in a previous post. After the plumber came and did his thing and we had drainage again, the bathtub needed to be cleaned. The toilet had backed up into the tub, so it REALLY needed to be cleaned. I had a plan. I was going to don my rubber gloves and get a strong cleanser and go to work. I would then rinse and rinse using the faucet in the tub. Sounds reasonable, right? Well, I had to leave before the plumber was finished so Mark took it upon himself to clean the bathroom. Not that I am not grateful. I really am. But I had to laugh when I came home and found Mark dragging a garden house through the bedroom, into the bathroom in order to rinse out the tub. It just would never have occurred to me to do that. Only a man would think of that.

2 comments:

Antique Mommy said...

Wow. It would have never occurred to my husband to clean out the tub. Ever. I don't think he even knows we have a tub.

SG said...

I can just see Mark dragging that hose in the back door...or did he go through a window?