Friday, May 19, 2006

So Much to Do, So Little to Blog About

Once again I am to the point where I think to myself, "I should blog about that." But when it comes down to getting it done, I can't really think of anything.

The biggest thing that has happened in the past week is that Jackson turned six-years-old. That snuck up on me so fast! My baby is 6!? NO! Not already! His birthday was on Wednesday, so he basically partied all week. We had a pizza party at school that day then took mini-cupcakes to church that night. On Saturday we had a Taekwondo birthday party. That was fun.

Speaking of Saturday, that morning we got up early and took our boys plus two other Cub Scouts to climb Pinnacle Mountain . One other mom went with us. The view was beautiful, but I am here to tell you, that was work! My right leg was so sore on Monday I was limping. I need to get more exercise. The Scouts earned a patch for their effort. What did I get? The satisfaction of tagging along.

The yearbooks that I have spent the last months working on arrived. We delivered them on Monday to some very excited kids. Then the question started: Are there any extras? Well, there were a few. Long story short - we sold out. I am happy that everyone wanted a book, and feel badly for those who were not able to get one. However, I am frustrated with some of the adults. The people who had the opportunity but chose not to order a book back in the fall and who now want one frustrate me. One person in particular specifically told me she did not care about getting a yearbook for her children. This week she decided she wanted TWO. Ugh! Think ahead people.

Then last night I got a call from a dear friend. Her daughter's July wedding is off. The fiancee called it off yesterday. Everyone is upset and in shock. I wish I had wise words to make everyone feel better, but I just don't. They all realize it is better that it happened now rather than later, but it hurts. I hurt for them.

One more week of school left. I am as ready as the boys are for summer vacation.

No comments: