Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Vacations are Work

If you have children, getting ready for a vacation is work. I have been planning and making lists for months, now I am wahing, drying, ironing and folding for three people. Mark only has to pack for himself, which of course, he does every week so it is no big deal for him. I on the other hand, have to pack for myself and the boys. Plus figure out and find/purchase anything special we might require for this particular trip.

I like to be prepared for things. When I was pregnant the first time, I read all the books and magazines I could get my hands on. When one of Jonathan's friends was diagnosed with dyslexia and Jonathan seemed to match some symptoms, I bought a book. My niece has Autism, we bought books. When we went to Walt Disney World a couple of summers ago, I bought books and studied them. So, now we are going on a Disney Cruise - of course I have a book. I want tips and ideas and what to expect lists and what to wear suggestions.

I found packing list ideas and adapted them to our needs, then bought all the stuff I thought we might need. Now all the clothes and other things must be packed. The night before we left for WDW, I had a meltdown over the packing situation. I am not sure why now, but I was convinced that it was not going to work for some reason. I was tired and possibly hysterical, but it all worked out. Just thinking of that makes me tired. I need a vacation!

P.S. 3 days, 18 hours, and 43 minutes!

1 comment:

SG said...

Vacations are work. But then again all of life is work in some ways and at least on vacaions you get to see new fun things and eat out! You are just being a good Boy Scout Mom by trying to "always being prepared." I have seen you travel and it's true, you are always very prepared. Just don't ware yourself out so much that you are too tired to enjoy it! Send us a postcard!